Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

Santa Lucia get a hat-trick


We just can't help ourselves. The food is so good and the service so friendly that if in any doubt or with a moment's hesitation and we return with great enthusiasm.


Here are a few images from the restaurant. As I've described before; the pizza's are cooked right in front of you in a clay, wood burning oven- these chefs are brothers and have been working there longer than I've been alive; the owner is the man in the incredibly fashionable hat with a sizeable stomach being held in place by a pair of braces; the walls are covered in racing memorabilia of all types, photos, paintings, trophies, plaques, etc...;
Here also is an image of the how we dine when at Santa Lucia- the tables are not organised as twos or sixes, but instead as many long rows and then you are sat next to whoever happens to occupy the neighbouring table- its quite a special atmosphere.
I was not particuliarly hungry this evening so passed on the starters, Dad went for the tomato salad with gorgonzola after my generous recommendations. For a main course I tried the Pizza Quattro Fromage while Dad had the Escalope Santa Lucia that I had a few nights ago.


My pizza was too rich, the addition of the chevre in unhealthy proportions made the creamy topping that little too dense to be able to stomach pleasantly. The flavour was undoubtedly wonderful, but just slightly too much for my(notso hungry)self. Dad thoroughly enjoyed his escalope with pasta.


The restaurant was slowly emptying as we got through our meal- a very, very odd experience for us as we almost always have to fight to get a table- as indeed we did this evening but as a two was easy enough to squeeze in, particularly for us as familiar regulars to the staff- but tonight at least half of the tables were now reserved for varying parties. I was not in the mood for a long dinner or savouring my food and we were in and out agin within 40 minutes, which suited me splendidly as it allowed for an early night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?